Dinner 1: When it's too hot to cook
Homemade Vanilla Maple Sun Tea (Check my Recipe page!)
- Green Tea, from the free shelf at UNBC
- Vanilla, from the free shelf
- Maple Syrup, I brought back from the ByWard Market in Ottawa last summer
- Basil, from my garden
- Cherrie Tomatoes from HSH Grocery
- Avalon Sharp Cheddar from Ave Maria's
- Balsamic vinegar & Olive oil, found on the free shelf
- Bread from the Farmers Market with Avalon Butter from Ave Maria's
Dinner 2: When friends are coming over
This meal was created by the ingredients from the Hope Farm CSA box.
- Balsamic roast vegetables (made with Kale stems, beats & leaves, kohlrabi leaves),
- Pizza with carrot & radish top pesto (Recipe), Pizza crust from the farmers market.
- Potato salad
- Radish & Kohlrabi carpaccio (Recipe)
- Fresh salad rolls with an Avocado left behind from more Couchsurfers
Dinner 3: When you harvest from your garden
This year I have a plot up at the PGPIRG Sustainable Learning garden at UNBC. So sometimes dinner is what I bring home from the garden and make delicious!
- Salted Sunflower seeds from Wilson Square Market
- Balsamic vinegar from the free shelf for dressing
Cheers to great dinners and even greater company!
"Nobody trusts the industrial food system to give them good food." - Joel Salatin