Sunday 12 July 2015

Beautiful Bernadette


I have a confession to make...I, Melanie Anderson, am in love! She is young, fit and takes me out whenever I want. She's good to me, carries my groceries for me and supports me in everything I do. She's a hot ticket, whenever we are out together I get compliments on my arm candy. We go to work together every morning, racing ourselves up the hill and challenging ourselves to always be better, faster, stronger.

Bernie (that's what I call her) and I go to the Farmers Market every weekend without fail. She is pretty dependable that way. She's a little heavy but I tell her not to sweat it, I like her just the way she is. We love being outside together and cruising around town whenever we can. When no one else is around, I can count on her to be my constant companion. She takes me places I've never been before. 

She's got a wide rear end, I joke with her that "baby got back', but she doesn't mind me saying so. For Bike to Work Week we biked 100 km together! She helps me get up the University hill every morning, always being very patient as I struggle along.

I wipe her down every weekend, making sure she is well lubed and looking spiffy....In case you haven't deciphered, Bernadette is my new bike!

Together we help reduce my impact on the environment by lowering carbon emissions. She also helps me get into shape, how can I resist riding such an attractive specimen? She has shown me the difference a quality bike makes and helps me be a better biker. One day I'd like to take her on longer trips, but we are working our way up to it.

Love,

Melanie & Bernie XX

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." - Franklin P. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment